Caramel/Sea Salt Glazed Sour-Cream/Cream Cheese Pound Cake
(I’m more a of a cook than a baker but this is pretty damn good…)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups butter, I prefer unsalted…
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of organic evaporated cane juice (slightly blond colored organic sugar)
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (I am not brave enough to use cake flour…)
- 1 tablespoon of homemade Tahitian or Madagascar vanilla essence.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees; grease and lightly flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sour cream and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar gradually and beat until fluffed.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Add the flour all at once and mix . Finish off with the vanilla essence.
- Pour into a 10 inch tube pan. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Check for doneness at 1 hour. A wooden skewer inserted into center of will come out clean with a few adhering crumbs.
For the Caramel/Sea Salt Glaze
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar OR 1/4 cup of Muscavado sugar and 1/4 cup of white or organic blond sugar
- pinch of sea salt (there will be more salt…so watch it…)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of Tahitian or Madagascar vanilla essence
1. In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt unsalted butter.
2. Add sugar/s and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
3. Add PINCH of sea salt and cream; bring to a boil over medium heat.
4. Cook and stir for another two minutes. Cool for 15 minutes; gently drizzle over the pound cake, and finish off with several pinches of large flaked sea salt.