(HUMOR AND SATIRE TRIGGER WARNING)
You will likely be eating roast turkey, barbecued turkey, deep fried turkey, glazed country ham, collard greens, macaroni and cheese, green beans, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes mashed and covered with marshmallows, corn, cornbread, yeast/potato rolls, black eyed peas, rice, gravy, potato salad, cranberry sauce from the can, sweet potato pie, cornbread dressing, “fried apples” (think Boston Market apples), chitterlings, apple crisp, chess pie, fill-in-the-blank cobbler, ice cream, caramel cake, deviled eggs, “green salad,” and something almost Afrocentric..
17. Say “yes Ma’am a lot.” No first names unless you are invited to use them.
21. Gluten what?
23. Keep the rhubarb pie at the Walton’s house with John Boy. See rule 2.
27. Bring extra foil…trust me. Do not bring your own Tupperware.
30. Don’t ask questions about Shanda’s boyfriend. They are happy to have him home.
34. Dinner will not start on time. But show up on time.
35. If you are Asian or Latino expect to be drafted into any remaining cooking.
But dont ask him why Black folks do stuff..the bow tie will come out real fast. Pour him more Moscato.
Last Shameless plug: https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-cooking-gene-michael-w-twitty/1123426038